New firmware revisions include enhanced WAN virtualization and ease of use features.
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.—April 17, 2014—Ecessa Corporation today announced the release of revision 10.5.2 and 10.6.1 firmware for use on Ecessa PowerLink™, ShieldLink™, ClariLink™ and WANworX™ wide area network controllers.
“Revision 10.5.2, which was originally released in January as beta firmware, has been thoroughly tested and is now our official base release,” said Mike Siegler, Vice President of Development & Support at Ecessa Corporation. “In beta revision 10.6.1 our focus is ease of use. We incorporated voice of customer feedback to improve the interface and added a number of features that make configuring and monitoring Ecessa devices more intuitive.” Siegler invites users to send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Ecessa customers are welcome but not required to upgrade to 10.5.2. Below is an overview of additions, changes and fixes.
Recommended Release 10.5.2 contains:
- New WAN Virtualization Features
- Improvements to existing WAN Virtualization features and Command Line Interface
- Changes to existing WAN Virtualization features and TCP Proxy
- Fixes to WAN Virtualization, Inbound QoS, WAN VIrtualization and IPSec VTI, VPN, Command Line Interface, VLAN
- Security enhancements
Beta Release 10.6.1 includes everything listed above in 10.5.2 plus:
- WAN GUI Improvements that make viewing WAN status and adding new WANs easier
- Static route GUI Improvements that make viewing and configuration simpler
- WAN virtualization GUI improvements
- IPSec VPN Improvements for more intuitive configuration, plus new advanced features
- Easier menu navigation and configuration flexibility
- Bug fixes and security enhancements
Ecessa device users with current SLA contracts may upgrade to the new firmware for free. Instructions and additional information can be found on the Ecessa support portal.
About Ecessa Corporation
Ecessa designs, manufactures and distributes wide area networking solutions for business. The company’s line of WAN controllers has over 9,000 field installations. Ecessa PowerLink™, ShieldLink™, ClariLink™ and WANworX™ controllers enable organizations of all sizes to reliably run their Internet and cloud-based applications, connect their offices worldwide and distribute traffic among a fabric of multiple, diverse WAN links, ensuring business continuity by removing bottlenecks and eliminating network downtime. These capabilities optimize Never Down™ performance of business-critical applications, aid in lowering IT costs, and make it easier to provision, maintain and support business networks and the applications that run over them. For more information, call 800.669.6242 or visit www.ecessa.com.