Even though Ecessa has been around for more than 15 years and has deployed over 10,000 devices we still think of ourselves as a startup. Our culture embraces self-motivated thinkers who like to get things done (and have fun in the process). Over the years we have built a reputation for delivering rock solid solutions and providing an amazing customer experience. Our environment can be described as controlled chaos and we wouldn’t have it any other way!
The Channel Manager is a key part of the Ecessa sales strategy, working alongside other team members, in the identification, qualification and closure of direct sales opportunities and in the recruitment and management of channel partners. This position is responsible for inbound and outbound sales activities and will work closely with the marketing team to assist in the develop of programs and initiatives that support revenue growth.
- Manage assigned sales region and assist management in setting strategic plans and in the execution of those plans for a region or a channel.
- Work with direct and channel opportunities to qualify needs, establish alignment and facilitate the buying process.
- Manage inbound and unsolicited leads, converting them into qualified opportunities.
- Crisply articulate Ecessa solution’s benefits on the phone and in email
- Identify needs and propose appropriate next steps
- Identify and engage key decision-makers
- Work with channel sales team in the identification, closure and ongoing management of channel partners.
- Collaborate with team members to determine strategic sales approaches that advance opportunities to closure.
- Increase sales with existing customer base by cultivating relationships to identify new or follow on products and services.
- Routine review of pipeline reports to ensure timely closure on new and existing projects.
- Maintain complete knowledge and awareness of all Ecessa products and services and their applications; participate in training to maintain knowledge of current network infrastructure.
- Provide sales statistics and reports on sales activity within region and those requested by management.
- Manage and update customer data in the corporate CRM.
- BA/BS, degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in the Telecom industry (agent, services provider, carrier or manufacturer).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and positive attitude, strong team player.
- Excellent presentation and organization skills with a talent for customer interaction at all levels.
- Must have a proactive approach and ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; HubSpot or other CRM tool a plus.
- General PC knowledge including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
Interface with others
- This position will work closely with end user, channel partner sales organizations, other groups within the Ecessa team.
- This position is authorized to provide sales quotes and proposals to customers.
- This position functions in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- This position requires communications with others, handle computers, move up to 25 pounds (computer and presentation equipment).
- 5% – 15% annually
Reports to: Director of Sales