Updated May 24, 2018
This policy covers how Ecessa Corporation treats personal information that Ecessa collects and processes, including information related to your past use of Ecessa products and services, your use of www.ecessa.com, and/or any Ecessa websites. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, phone number, etc.
Ecessa services and products are developed for the use of, and distributed to, third party clients. Ecessa encourages its clients to adopt privacy policies similar to, or more stringent than, its own. Ecessa sells its services and products only to reputable and ethical clients. Ecessa cannot be held responsible if a client chooses unethical or immoral use of the information that Ecessa products gather.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Ecessa does not own or control, or to people that Ecessa does not employ or manage.
- When you register for an Ecessa event, service, premium information (white paper, case study, technology brief, etc.) or product we ask that you provide basic contact information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. In addition, other questions specifically for an event or service request might be asked and recorded so as to better equip the event hosts for customizing their event or the technicians for responding to your request.
- By registering, you are opting in for Ecessa service communications as specified on the Web form.
- Ecessa collects personal information when you register with Ecessa, when you use Ecessa products or services, when you visit Ecessa pages or the pages of certain Ecessa partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Ecessa may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- Ecessa automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Ecessa cookie information, and the page you request.
Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via Ecessa.com.
- Computer configuration: We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed.
- Referral, clickstream, and site interaction data: We may also record the URL you linked from to get to Ecessa.com, your clickstream through and from our Web site, and other generally accepted tracking information.
- Email delivery and open rates: To help us make our emails more useful and interesting, and to ensure that we are delivering the services you have ordered, we often receive a confirmation when you receive and/or open email from ecessa.com
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to our account information and treat it in accordance with this policy.
- Customer and order data from our partners: If you registered directly with a business partner for which we provide fulfillment or other services, your account information and order information is passed to us.
- Updated delivery and address information: We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfill your orders or deliver communications to you.
- Demographic and purchase information: We may reference other sources of demographic and purchase information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Ecessa.com is not directed to children under the age of 13. Ecessa does not target its website to children under 13. Ecessa does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that information.
Ecessa uses information for the following general purposes: To help you create and account, complete a transaction, enter into a contract with us, enable the use of our solutions, provide customer service and technical support, to communicate back to you, remind you of scheduled webinars, send you newsletters to which you have subscribed, provide updates on services and benefits, to personalize our websites, conduct research, manage job applications, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We also use personal information for our legitimate interests to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services, content, and advertising.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about product upgrades available to purchase and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Email Communications to our Users
Ecessa sends email communications to our users in connection with our providing the Ecessa services. The following outlines the types of email Ecessa sends to our users, and the choices you have about which messages to receive.
- Messages required to service event registrations: Ecessa will send you email notifying you of your event details. We may also send you communications related to your upcoming event, for example reminding you of the details, or when those details change.
- Messages required to service your Ecessa account: Ecessa may send newly registered users a welcoming email, as well as messages confirming each event you register for at Ecessa.com; confirming your account changes; inviting you to participate in customer surveys; and informing you of important product or service updates related to our core business.
- Marketing messages about Ecessa: From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for our legitimate interest to perform market research or to provide you with marketing information we think would be of particular interest. We will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the footer of each email.
- Optional marketing messages from Ecessa: We also use personal information for our legitimate interests to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services, content, and advertising. Registered users may occasionally receive information or special promotions from Ecessa about additional services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. You may update your preference with regard to receiving such messages by opting out in the footer of each email.
- Optional marketing messages from trusted third parties: With your consent, Ecessa may share your Personal Information with trusted third parties so that you may receive information or opportunities from them about relevant products and services they offer. You may update your preference by opting out in the footer of each email.
- We do not process personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you.
Tailoring E-Mail Communications and Web Experiences
Ecessa may employ technologies that enable us to review which recipients have opened our e-mail communications and which links they have accessed in the message. This helps us to tailor our communications in our attempts to send you the most relevant information, as local laws and your preferences and permissions allow. As a registered user, we may also monitor your web browsing session while you are logged-in to Ecessa.com to improve our website and better meet your needs.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Ecessa displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. Ecessa does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a piece of information either stored temporarily in your browser’s memory space (session cookie) or placed on your computer’s hard drive (stored or persistent cookie). Cookies allow a web application to respond to you as an individual, but without the need to identify you explicitly. Session cookies are destroyed when you terminate your browsing session by shutting down your browser. Stored cookies often have a predetermined expiration date after which they disappear from your hard drive. Cookies can be removed explicitly through functionality built into most web browsers. You may also set your web browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer or Firefox) to notify you of cookie placement requests, ask for permission to accept them, or decline cookies completely.
The types of cookies we employ include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites and Subscription Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites and Subscription Services but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites and Subscription Services are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
Hubspot Tracking Code
Ecessa uses Hubspot tracking code to better deliver information to our clients. You can learn more about the kinds of cookies used for that tracking here.
Google Analytics Advertising Features
Ecessa has implemented demographics and interest reporting via Google Display Advertiser Features. Ecessa and other third-party vendors use the Google Analytics cookie and Google advertising cookies to deliver relevant content to people who have visited our website or searched for content similar to what is delivered on our website. You can opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). Learn more about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
Your Ability to Review, Edit and Remove Your Personal Information
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Ecessa service, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered an essential part of your Ecessa account. You cannot opt-out of receiving these communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing related email communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Ecessa Corporation, 13755 1st Avenue North, Plymouth, MN 55441, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
‘No Spyware’ Policy
Ecessa does not contain malicious Spyware. Spyware is software that is installed deceptively to gather information about you without your knowledge. This can include centrally recording your personal internet usage, monitoring your keyboard strokes or capturing personal information. If you think that you downloaded and/or installed spyware, we suggest reporting it on the alt.privacy.spyware newsgroup. Available on Google Groups.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Links to third-party websites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Ecessa.com site. Ecessa has not reviewed all content on these third-party websites; does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy policies. Thus, we do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Ecessa may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Ecessa account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please use the following contact information:
13755 1st Avenue North
Plymouth, MN 55441