Technical Support Engineer
Ecessa has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an integral member of the Ecessa Support team, managing the total support experience of Ecessa’s client base. The TSE plays a significant role in driving high customer satisfaction, critical incident management, and liaising with different internal teams to provide quality service. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams and individually to perform technical activities that impact the configuration of the micro-appliance while also troubleshooting technical difficulties experienced by the customer. The individual should possess great verbal and written communication skills and technical problem solving skills.
- Provide assistance to customers experiencing issues with their Ecessa service by phone and email.
- Configure and assist with the installation of the Ecessa service into a customer’s network.
- Assist customers with the design of their network and the integration of the Ecessa service.
- Act as the technical sales support with pre-sales “Webinars” and telephone conferences, providing technical detail when needed.
- Assist additional teams with internal network maintenance and product feature (user acceptance) testing.
- Be available during scheduled on-call duties on weeknights and weekends.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 2 year degree in computer networking or equivalent.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies, LAN/WAN connectivity, and networking.
- Linux experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to influence and manage a client while remaining calm and advocating best practices.
- Display good judgment skills by setting realistic timeframes and putting the customer first.
- Consistently demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relay complex technical information to people with varying skill and knowledge levels.
- Must be a team player with ability to solve complex problems.
- Self-motivated, timely, detail-orientated, and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Comfortable working within a structured environment with established policies and procedures.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Greater Minneapolis – St. Paul Area
Minimum Required Education: Associates Degree
Job Level: Entry Level, Junior, or Mid-level
Expected Travel: None
Hours: Monday-Friday, multiple shifts available, weekend rotation, and occasional overtime